Navigation Menu
For The Newcomer
1st A A Meeting?
A.A. Pamphlets
The Big Book for
the Visually & Literate Impaired
Bill W. The Healer
Emergency Numbers
Helpful Websites
Frequently Asked Questions
General Service Sites
Jack Alexander's Article
Recovery Calculator
Please Donate
NOTE below links require Registration for access
Recovery Crossroads
Message Forums
Big Book
12 & 12
The Holy Bible
Recovery Chat
Joe & Charlie
Personal Blog
Send A Recovery Postcard

Send a Postcard

Printable Bookmark
Print This Bookmark


Frequently Asked Questions  

Q:  How Can a Person Get Help for an Alcohol Problem?

You can call the Center for Substance Abuse Treatment at 1-800-662-HELP for information about treatment programs in your local community and to speak to someone about an alcohol problem.

Many people also benefit from support groups. For information on local support meetings run by Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), call your local AA chapter (check your local phone directory under "Alcoholism") or call 212-870-3400.

For meetings of Al-Anon (for friends and family members in an alcoholic person's life) and Alateen (for children of alcoholics), call your local Al-Anon chapter or call the following toll-free numbers: 1-800-344-2666 (United States) or 1-800-443-4525 (Canada)

In practicing our Traditions, Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. has neither endorsed nor are they affiliated with Keeping It Simple
Alcoholics Anonymous®, AA®, and the Big Book® are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS® and A.A.® are registered

trademarks of A.A.World Services, Inc.

Keeping It Simple
Copyright © 2003-2007 KISCHAT.COM All rights reserved.
Revised: 02/02/09